Friday, January 28, 2011

Shout Out:David Dantowitz at Millburn Mac

I want to give a shout out for great skills and assistance to David Dantowitz at Millburn Mac

My new printer got tempermental on me this week, and decided to only print 4x6.  Hard to do work, and impossible to print out the coupons the fuel my $5 food bank efforts.  I puttered around in all the printer and computer menus, unplugged and restarted all the components, and then started cursing. 

So I called HP, and after puttering around the same printer and computer menus, and having me unplug and retart all of the components, they spent an hour on the phone reinstalling all of my printer software.  When that didn't work, HP insisted the problem was with my Mac.  More cursing on my part.

I called David, who has always been able to solve all of my Mac problems.  This time, he assured me it really wasn't the Mac, but the printer.  More importantly, he told me exactly what to say when I called HP back.  So I called them back, got a new HP "expert", repeated what David had said, and suddenly, they agreed the problem was with the printer.  Another 40 minutes later, my printer was back up and working!

So this time all I needed from David was some thoughtful guidance.  But if you need other Mac computer help, I strongly recommend giving him a call.


I have ink left from my old printer.  Does anyone need HP 901 or 902?

If you have other businesses that deserve a shout out, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment