Sunday, February 20, 2011

Shopping Sunday

Well, I decided to follow some of my own blog posts this morning and rolled into action.

Macy's: got two pairs of jeans for my ever-growing older son; was able to use the 15% off coupon and then got two $10 gift cards for future purchases as part of their denim sale. The saleslady had no idea what I was talking about when I asked for the gift card, but the signs were up in the store.

Staples:  got a bunch of office supplies for free after rebate, will need to enter the codes into the rebate site tonight.  2 free packs of printer paper which my younger son loves for his projects and I love for printing coupons.

Shoprite:  all my well-laid plans went well, and I got about $250 worth of groceries for free
(spent about $65, got $100 back in coupons in later weeks, but actual value of the groceries pre-sale/coupons was $250).  Now I have to decide what I'm keeping and what I am donating to the food bank.

I also picked up a Redbox movie with a free rental code.

I bought the kids two new books as well, and shockingly had no coupon at all for this!  (Although I am a Barnes and Noble member so get 20% off..perhaps I should count that.)  "The Maze" which came highly recommended, is too new to get through interlibrary loan.  Oh yeah, I got 3 more books from interlibrary loan---getting value from my tax dollars.

I'm shopped out.

1 comment:

  1. I did the Staples shop thanks to you! And entering the codes was not too bad. We'll see how long it takes to get the rebate. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete