Saturday, February 19, 2011

UPDATED Mom, I'm Bored: Book Suggestions

UPDATE:  I posted this last night.  And now I discover that this Sunday's NY Times Magazine  has an article on the appeal of these dystopia books for teens--specifically talking about "The Hunger Games."   Aren't you glad you read it first here?


If you hear this cry from your child, you might tell them to go read a book. Click here for a great list of books if you or your child are looking for some new suggestions. 

Among these I would highlight, for teens,
The Maze Runner by James Dashner 
The Compound by S.A. Bodeen 

The number one book for middle school and up is "The Hunger Games" by Susan Collins.  This is actually a three book series--the third book, "MockingJay" came out this summer.  Everyone I've spoken to who had read it really enjoyed it.  Its on Matthew's book suggestions on the side of this blog, btw.

No comments:

Post a Comment